The American College of Pediatricians issued a statement this week condemning gender reclassification in children by stating that transgenderism in children amounts to child abuse.
The stories have been rampant of parents treating their little boys as girls because they “thought they identified” that way.
Between you, me, and the fence-post. When I was in the second grade, I wanted to be Cindy from the Brady Bunch. Why? I have no clue! I do know that never in my adult life have I identified as, or wanted to be a woman. My parents never knew. But if they had, and fostered that silly imaginary play, they could have well guided me into something worse. It is important to note that over half of the transgender population considers suicide!
I am sure that this is probably a very common occurrence for young children!
So it is absolutely an important issue for the American College of Pediatrics to decide on!
The American College of Pediatricians urges educators and legislators to reject all policies that condition children to accept as normal a life of chemical and surgical impersonation of the opposite sex. Facts – not ideology – determine reality.”
The policy statement, authored by Johns Hopkins Medical School Psychology Professor Paul McHugh, listed eight arguments on why gender reclassification is harmful.
1. Human sexuality is an objective biological binary trait: “XY” and “XX” are genetic markers of health – not genetic markers of a disorder.
2. No one is born with a gender. Everyone is born with a biological sex. Gender (an awareness and sense of oneself as male or female) is a sociological and psychological concept; not an objective biological one.
3. A person’s belief that he or she is something they are not is, at best, a sign of confused thinking. When an otherwise healthy biological boy believes he is a girl, or an otherwise healthy biological girl believes she is a boy, an objective psychological problem exists that lies in the mind not the body, and it should be treated as such.
4. Puberty is not a disease and puberty-blocking hormones can be dangerous. Reversible or not, puberty-blocking hormones induce a state of disease – the absence of puberty – and inhibit growth and fertility in a previously biologically healthy child.
5. According to the DSM-V, as many as 98% of gender confused boys and 88% of gender confused girls eventually accept their biological sex after naturally passing through puberty.
6. Children who use puberty blockers to impersonate the opposite sex will require cross-sex hormones in late adolescence. Cross-sex hormones (testosterone and estrogen) are associated with dangerous health risks including but not limited to high blood pressure, blood clots, stroke and cancer.
7. Rates of suicide are twenty times greater among adults who use cross-sex hormones and undergo sex reassignment surgery, even in Sweden which is among the most LGBQT – affirming countries.
8. Conditioning children into believing a lifetime of chemical and surgical impersonation of the opposite sex is normal and healthful as child abuse.
McHugh, who formerly served as Johns Hopkins’ Psychiatrist in Chief, issued an opinion last year stating that transgenderism is a “mental disorder” and sex change is a “medical impossibility.”
The left, as one might expect, reacted swiftly with claws fully extended.
Think Progress described the American College of Pediatricians as a “hate group masquerading as pediatricians.”
The Huffington Post said,
“Once again, Paul McHugh has used the ever more tarnished name of Johns Hopkins to distort science and spread transphobic misinformation.”
Liberals are creepy!
60,000 People Joined Together To Attempt To Re-Direct Hurricane Irma Using Fans
Category 5 Hurricane Irma is currently making its way across a string of Caribbean islands toward the US mainland. Depending on what the storm does over the next 2 days, there is still a chance it could miss the US mainland altogether and travel North-East back out to sea.
Several people decided to start an online campaign to help encourage the storm to take that more easterly path using a rather ridiculous method – electric fans…a lot of them.
Earlier this week Joshua Stanaland created a Facebook event titled “Everybody Points Their Fans At The Hurricane To Blow It Away“, which has since gone viral – dozens of news stations have already covered the idea and there are now over 60,000 people committed to pointing their fans at the storm.
The Facebook event includes the following instructions:
“Everyone takes their fans outside and points them at Hurricane Irma to blow it away from us. Air compressors with a blow gun attachment also a plus, or anything else. Get creative. Date/time subject to change due to the unpredictable path it may take.
*Not responsible for any collapsed lungs should you choose to blow manually.”
The event is scheduled to run from September 7th through September 13th.
Pictures and videos of people pointing fans at the storm have been flooding social media all day;
Barbara Simo Manzano even said she is getting the University of Miami involved by using their high-velocity industrial fans;
“We have the Wall of Wind (WoW) in the Engineering Center at the University where I work in Miami. This should do it. #wow #FIU #hurricaneresearch”
Meteorologists are doubtful the fans will have any effect on the storm, even with 58,000 people participating. Hurricane Irma has sustained wind speed speeds of 150mph, and it’s the size of Texas.
In all seriousness, if you are in the projected path of Hurricane Irma, please make sure you are prepared to either seek shelter or evacuate.
Vanity Fair Dumps Melania To Fully Honor Michelle Obama On ‘Best Dressed’ List
The saga continues…. the left having no care for the truth, and fully backing lies. In this case though, we’re talking about fashion. Both Former First Lady Michelle Obama and former President Obama are going to be honored on a best dressed list. Vanity Fair’s best dressed list that is, and they are very notably all over that list..as individuals and best dressed couple.
Oddly but I guess not too surprisingly enough, Melania Trump, our standing First Lady is in fact NOT on the list…not even as a honorable mention. The piece written up on Michelle and Barack Obama in this issue of Vanity Fair boasts about one of Michelle’s “most notable” looks of the year (according to them), and you won’t believe which look they picked…
Now you know they’re lying.
Here it is…
Also on their list was French First Lady, Brigitte Macron. Which is also curious, as Melania Trump very obviously upstaged her on her trip to Paris, where she arrived wearing an alluring red Dior skirt-suit. This was to honor the French fashion house on their anniversary, as reported by Breitbart News.
Melania remains one of the most fashion-forward American First Ladies in history, while having only lived in the White House for a just a few months. The Eastern European former model often opts for the most luxurious of fashion ensembles, pairing custom-made Hervé Pierre frocks with Manolo Blahnik stilettos.
Melania’s most famous high-fashion look as First Lady thus far was, arguably, when she stepped out in a $51,000 Dolce & Gabbana blossoming floral coat and matching clutch, as Breitbart News reported.
What is Vanity Fair thinking? It certainly isn’t about fashion…
What are some of your worst and best fashion looks for Michelle and Melania? Who would you pick for the best dressed list of 2017?
Tech & Science2 days ago
Greatest Hoax of the 21st Century! 98% Scientists DO NOT Believe in Man-Made Climate Change!
culture2 days ago
Barack Obama: “The US Must Give Up Some of Its Freedoms to the UN”
culture1 day ago
Denzel Washington Hears Actors Complain, Sets Them Straight With 5 Conservative Words
Hillary Clinton2 hours ago
Raising Money For A Hillary Clinton Memorial! Mount Rushmore?