Connect with us

Following her remarks last week about former National Security Advisor General Michael Flynn, CNN appears to have launched an attempt to defame President Donald Trump’s Senior Advisor Kellyanne Conway.

Hours before Flynn resigned last Monday, Conway said he had Trump’s “full confidence.”

Then, she claimed Flynn offered to go, but was later corrected by White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer, who said Trump asked Flynn to step down.

As a result of the minor mix-up, MSNBC’s Morning Joe banned her from further appearances on the program and questioned her credibility.

Now, CNN appears to be falsely reporting that Conway has been benched by the White House from TV appearances for an unknown amount of time, citing an anonymous source who said Conway was “off message.”

“Trump was using her as an effective surrogate, then she started becoming ineffective,” CNN reported one source as saying. “So they’re letting the heat cool off.”

Of course, the notoriously left-wing network did not name any of these suspicious sources.

Conway herself has denied that there is any credibility to CNN’s vicious rumor, saying, “I’ve been invited on shows every day, including two Sunday shows. I’m trying to focus on other pieces of my portfolio.”

And lest you had any doubts over the fact that this is nothing more than a mainstream media witch hunt targeting one of the top officials in the Trump administration, the White House issued its own statement in support of Conway.

“This is another wild goose chase,” said White House spokesperson Sarah Huckabee Sanders. “Kellyanne has a number of media appearances this week and also has a large portfolio at the WH and is spending significant time focusing on it.”

Indeed, Conway has a Fox News appearance scheduled for Wednesday evening on Hannity, so it would appear that CNN’s blasphemous allegations are no more than a nasty attempt to smear her.

No wonder Trump calls them “very fake news”…