Ukrainian Crisis: Putin is Playing Chess While Obama is Playing Checkers

By  |

It’s amazing how president Obama always seems to be two steps behind everyone else when it comes to foreign policy… and when it come to Russia and Vladamir Putin Obama is always playing checkers while Putin is playing chess.

2014-02-22-UkraineCrisis

8 Comments

1. Lamenter Captain

Feb 25, 2014 at 2:04 am

A communist lackey of international bankers and criminals on one side and on the other… Putin.

2. rkmazle

Feb 25, 2014 at 8:40 am

I would like to see a Poll run for people to click on Like that show support of obama as I don’t believe obama would get even 100 Likes, all I have seen is Post to click on against him and I click on everyone yet I continue to hear of all this support obama has and I don’t believe as I said ANY AT ALL and I further believe if there happen to be anyone that did support him they would be to embarrassed to show it or not bright enough to click on the Like button. Every comment I have seen anywhere is Negative about him and righfully so. I think if there was a Poll and obama didnt as I expect get even 100 Likes that the News Media would finally have to tell the truth at long last that they have been Reporting false figures about his popularity and he is the most despised Person in America.

• Quinton Lamar Willis

Feb 28, 2014 at 5:23 pm

This has to be the dumbest statement everrrr made lol if you only visit anti Obama sites what do think you will get duhhhhhh

3. roberto ribas

Mar 1, 2014 at 5:18 pm

wow, this goes down as one moronic post. Should Obama bomb the russian bases on the black sea? send in ground troops? Since you don’t already know this, i’ll pass a little information on: Russia already had troops in Crimea. They have naval bases there. There are tons of ethnic Russians in Crimea. So exactly what would have had Obama do either beforehand, or now? That’s what I thought, you don’t have a clue or an idea… but it must be Obama’s fault.

• chitownckb

Mar 1, 2014 at 8:43 pm

Well Roberto, it is something called diplomacy. For one you freeze all the Russian money held in US banks. Send some Russian diplomats home and recall the US diplomats. Start selling oil to Russia’s European customers and you deport all the rich Russians who don’t like freezing their rear ends off in Moscow back to Moscow. Like the US, where money speaks to power, the same is true in Russia. If the people with the money are not happy with Putin, then he will make them happy. As far as military moves, we should hold a military exercise with Poland and send some cruisers and destroyers into the Black Sea. In the ’80’s and ’90’s we always challenged the Reds and we broke them by outspending them.

• roberto ribas

Mar 1, 2014 at 9:10 pm

“as far as military moves, we should hold a military exercise with Poland and send some cruisers and destroyers into the Black Sea”

the blacksea is landlocked. Care to share how we are going to get our cruisers and destroyers in there????

“For one you freeze all the Russian money held in US banks” And you think the russians won’t respond to that by freezing American assets?

“Start selling oil to Russia’s European customers” we import oil.. so exactly how do you see us selling it? and considering they sell natural gas through pipelines to half of europe, how do you see the US replacing that, when we have zero possibility of getting natural gas there?

“In the ’80’s and ’90’s we always challenged the Reds and we broke them by outspending them.” brilliant, so we should break ourselves now? I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the US is a huge debtor nation today, so that option doesn’t exist.

I’m going to go out on a limb here, and guess that neither diplomacy, nor world economics was what you studied in grad school!

• Dylan

Mar 2, 2014 at 11:49 am

Apparently you didn’t take Geography, because the Black Sea isn’t land locked. That’s why Constantinople, now Istanbul, was such a great trading city because it was in the center of trade between the Black Sea and the Mediterranean. But please, go on oh knowledgeable one.

• roberto ribas

Mar 2, 2014 at 12:20 pm

Yes, I’m sure sailing capital military ships through the bosphorus, Into a sea with multiple russian naval bases, and an entire fleet, plus Russian air bases would work out fine. Even in an all out war, we would never do that.

Notice you ignored the rest of my points too, but go on let’s hear the chickenhawk response to the crisis!