White people rioting!!

By  |

If you missed the news coverage we’re here to fill you in.

A neighborhood watch man, an adult carrying a concealed weapon, shot and killed an unarmed teenage boy and was just found not-guilty by a jury after two days of deliberations.

“I just want to say thank you to the people who believed in me, who stood by me,” [the shooter] said following the verdict. “I still have my regrets for the [young boy’s] family; it’s still an unfortunate situation for them. I am happy that at least this chapter is over.”

As deliberations dragged on over two days and the jury asked for testimony to be read back, [the shooter] admits he didn’t know how it would all turn out.

“I was nervous of course,” he said. “You never know what direction this whole thing is going to turn, so I have no idea. But it worked out and I feel that justice (was) served today.”

[The boy’s] family members say justice wasn’t served. They say [he] was murdered in cold blood, that he’d never been in trouble and [the shooter] acted as judge, jury and executioner.

“The message is that we can all go out and get guns and feel anybody that we feel is threatening us and lie about the fact,” said [the boy’s] father. “My son never threatened anybody. He was a gentle child, his nature was gentle, he was a good person and he was never, ever arrested for anything, and has never been in trouble. He was 16 years and four months old, and he was slaughtered.”

[The shooter] says he acted in self defense when he confronted [the boy]…

Perhaps the reason you missed the story is because here are pictures of the shooter and the victim…

Scott RoderickDead White Kid

The one on the left, in the hoodie, is Roderick Scott, the shooter. The one on the right is the dead kid, Christopher Cervini.

I’m shocked you missed President Obama’s statement when he found out about the shooting, “If the white half of me had a son he would have looked like Christopher Cervini.”

You might have even missed the uproar surrounding the Department of Justice having their Community Relations Services group in Rochester, NY organize demonstrations of white upstate New Yorkers demanding a special prosecutor be appointed to investigate this cold blooded murder of a gentle white boy by a black man wearing a hoodie.

Actually, I’m not shocked that you missed all that news since it wasn’t really news outside of Rochester, NY. Here’s a summary of what happened.

Scott says he acted in self defense when he confronted Cervini and two others saying they were stealing from neighbors cars. He told them he had a gun and ordered them to freeze and wait for police.

Scott says he shot Cervini twice when the victim charged toward him yelling he was going to get Scott.

Based on what I’ve been able to find, the jury reached the correct verdict in Scott’s case just as they did in the Zimmerman trial.

I can understand how Christopher Cervini’s dad could say what he said just like I can understand how Trayvon Martin’s parents can say what they say. It’s called “grief”. It’s also called “denial”.

I also understand why we haven’t heard a word from President Obama, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, the NAACP or anything about expanded investigations from the Department of Justice.

That is called “hypocrisy”.

Michael Becker is a long time activist and a businessman. He's been involved in the pro-life movement since 1976 and has been counseling addicts and ministering to prison inmates since 1980. Becker is a Curmudgeon. He has decades of experience as an operations executive in turnaround situations and in mortgage banking. He blogs regularly at The Right Curmudgeon, The Minority Report, Wizbang, Unified Patriots and Joe for America. He lives in Phoenix and is almost always armed.

131 Comments

1. Pansy Moss

Jul 19, 2013 at 7:44 am

I’m sorry, but I really hate this type of response to what’s happened. To say George Zimmerman’s actions weren’t race related because racism doesn’t exist isn’t going to do anything but add more fuel to the fire. This isn’t tit for tat. “Well white folks did this” “oh yeah, black folk did this”. Enough already. Christians are called to be above this and see the humanity of individuals. Racism and all other “isms” is just laziness.
    For every crime committed by whites against blacks, there’s a counter crime. I suppose we can tally it up forever, or start throwing out this stupid concept of race and become Americans and humans.

• Amy

Jul 20, 2013 at 6:19 am

I believe that you are missing the point here. It’s very basic. This story did not make the news. The media or the president did not even blink an eye at this. Get it? And if it is “race related” as you say, why does everyone ignore the fact that its also racism when it’s black-toward-white? (Or let’s be clear; GZ was Mexican but the Media have clumped him into the White category. That is a different box you check).

• Pansy Moss

Jul 20, 2013 at 9:34 am

GZ is white, black and Hispanic.
        I don’t believe GZs motives were race related at all. But I’m not sure how saying another crime with a black man killing a white proves that. To continue to look at these cases as a race by race basis as opposed to case by case is the same thing the liberals are doing.

• Pansy Moss

Jul 20, 2013 at 10:03 am

The media is trying to prove a non-race related case is racist. The media ignores a non-race related case. The media also ignores clear cut cases that ARE race related. The cases should be looked at on an individual basis because one case that race isn’t an issue doesn’t prove race isn’t an issue in another case. The details of the case prove it.

2. RockyMissouri (@RockyMissouri)

Jul 19, 2013 at 11:21 am

Newsmax, eh…? Says it all….

• Steve Foley

Jul 19, 2013 at 1:37 pm

No brain-trust… the link was from rochester.ynn.com – No comprehension skills? Says it all…

3. Hunter

Jul 19, 2013 at 12:49 pm

The thing about all of this is that none of it matters it’s a design to put us against each other so we won’t join as a people and stop the corrupt political money laundering agenda at hand.. For the millionth time America, WAKE UP!!!!

4. Ruth

Jul 20, 2013 at 11:06 am

What most people are not getting is that this man saw these boys stealing, told them who he was,showed his gun and the kid still attacked him. George Zimmerman did none of these and Trayvon was just heading home from buying skittles and a drink.

5. mbecker908

Jul 20, 2013 at 12:22 pm

@Ruth, are you completely dense? What part of GZ was going back to his truck, TM came up on him and sucker-punched him, breaking his nose and knocking him down, climbed on top of him and started smashing his head into the pavement don’t you get?

If Trayvon was “just heading home from buying skittles and a drink” why did he circle back and attack Zimmerman? Why did he spend the four minutes between the time Zimmerman lost track of him and he attacked Zimmerman stalking Zimmerman instead of taking about 30 seconds to continue his walk home since he was only about 50 yards from his father’s condo?

You’re avoiding all of the facts here and the facts line up quite well with other case.

• John

Jul 20, 2013 at 5:27 pm

You’re a miserable white fuck who inherently hates black people, it’s ok we don’t care. What you just stated is a “proven liar’s” version of the “facts” dumb bitch do you even know the definition of “fact” you egregious bitch , fact could simply be a lay persons “opinion”! We NEVER got to hear Trayvons side of the story . I hate stupid people I hope you’re on disability or something because we certainly don’t need you contributing to society selfish miserable fuck

6. E. Ragas

Jul 20, 2013 at 5:08 pm

Totally Unfair!!!!

7. E. Ragas

Jul 20, 2013 at 5:13 pm

Obviously FAIR is not FAIR!!!!!!

8. Robertdrakes

Jul 20, 2013 at 11:33 pm

I don’t know all the facts of his murder. But it sounds like these boys were breaking into a car. Trayvon Martin was not doing shit. But I would love to get all the facts. Could somebody send me the full story.

9. Not The Same Situiation

Jul 21, 2013 at 8:34 am

It’s called, they were committing a crime and Trayvon Martin was not.

• mbecker908

Jul 21, 2013 at 8:49 am

So by your definition, sucker-punching someone without warning, breaking their nose and bashing their head into street after stating “you’re gonna die” isn’t a crime? You need a serious lesson in morality.